We are now reading through the first batch of submissions, and will be responding to their authors in the coming weeks.
Having been blown away at the fantastic response so far, we have decided to scrap the original September 30th closing date for the submissions period, and extend it indefinitely.
Interested authors can continue to submit their work to the Black Voices Matter inbox according to the guidelines below, and our team will continue to read and respond to them as they come in, with the aim of responding to every submission within three months of receipt.
If we do decide to close the submissions period, we will give at least one month’s notice, so that all authors have the greatest possible opportunity to submit.
Thank you again, we look forward to reading more of your fantastic work!
What we’re looking for:
- novel-length works (60k words minimum) only
- science fiction, fantasy, and horror. From old-school to modern, pulpy to literary, classic to cross-over, if it’s genre, and it’s good, then we’d love to read it! You can check out our complete publication list here to see how wide our tastes run
- adult fiction
- a single submission per author, so send us your best work!
- finished manuscripts only
- short story collections, novelettes, novellas, telenovellas, noveltinos, or anything else that’s not a novel
- young adult or new adult
- works in progress
- previously published works (including self-published)
- A cover letter introducing yourself and pitching your work (600 words max)
- A separate MS-Word compatible doc including your work’s synopsis (one page max), and its first three chapters or first 15 pages (whichever is longer)