JOBS AT ANGRY ROBOT
Digital Production Assistant
Starting salary: £24,000
Daniel Culver: firstname.lastname@example.org
Watkins Publishing are seeking a highly organised Digital Production Assistant to look after our audiobooks, ebooks and other associated media.
This is a full-time role and will be part office based (two days minimum in our London offices), with the ability to work from home for the remaining days.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF ROLE
The Digital Production Assistant will report to the Editorial Manager and will work on both fiction and non-fiction titles across all of our imprints, managing digital assets for Watkins Publishing, Nourish, Angry Robot, Repeater Books and Datura – our new crime imprint.
While not an editorial position, the role requires a close working relationship with the editorial departments of all of our imprints, so an understanding of the editorial and book production processes is fundamental to the role.
This is an entry level vacancy, so requires no formal experience or qualifications, and all of the necessary training will be provided to the right candidate. This would suit someone looking for their first role in publishing.
The position does require close attention to detail, so strong communication skills, lots of patience, and the ability to problem solve are all key requirements, as is the ability to manage your own time, adhere to schedules and procedures, ensuring digital formats publish alongside all physical books.
We are an equal opportunities employer, so of course welcome applications from candidates who are currently underrepresented in publishing, but ultimately the role is open to anyone who has a love of books and audio, and who is keen to break into the industry.
- Working with all departments to help identify future audiobook publications.
- Liaising with editors, authors and our studios during production.
- Quality checking finished audio content before uploading for distribution.
- Liaising with various departments and our Digital Services Team to meet upload schedule.
- Supplying the typesetter with final Indesign files for ebook production.
- Uploading ebook files to our inhouse book database.
- Plus, occasional content management assistance with Watkins Online Academy.
- Excellent attention to detail with very strong communication and organizational skills
- A proactive can-do attitude. A great team player, with the ability to work independently
- Knowledge of digital publishing platforms would be advantageous
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel spreadsheets
- An understanding of metadata
- File management (you will be working with Adobe files, and also MP3S, WAVs, etc).
- An interest in keeping up to date with the book industry and digital innovations
- Ultimately, enthusiasm for digital and a desire to learn are more important than qualifications and previous experience.
How to Apply for this job:
Please email your CV and cover letter to Daniel Culver: email@example.com
Please include “Digital Production Assistant” in the subject line.
Early applications will be prioritised.
About Watkins: Watkins is a leading publisher of personal development and mind-body-spirit books. Working in partnership with outstanding authors, we produce authoritative, innovative titles, both illustrated and non-illustrated. Offering fresh interpretations on important subjects, old and new, Watkins is dedicated to inspiring and entertaining our readers and making a positive difference in the world.