Archive for Jobs
Angry Robot’s parent company, Osprey Group, employs a friendly team of about 50 staff in their offices in west Oxford, and is now looking for a bright individual to fill the role of Rights Executive.
The primary purpose of this role is to maximise revenue at optimum profit by repurposing and licensing Osprey Group’s intellectual property to third parties whilst extending and protecting the integrity of the group’s brands.
Key responsibilities will include:
• licensing the three fiction lists for translation, dramatization and audio
• managing permissions, in collaboration with AKG Images
• managing the group’s electronic licensing activities, in collaboration with agents
• preventing copyright violations
• pursuing and fulfilling ad hoc co-edition and special sales deals
• assisting the rights director in licensing and co-edition deal fulfilment
• attending book fairs and visiting customers.
The successful candidate will have a keen interest in genre fiction, especially SF and fantasy, crime and YA; will enjoy interaction with authors and customers; will be a confident negotiator, a highly motivated self-starter and a fastidious administrator.
This is a full-time position which we are looking to fill as soon as possible. A full job description is available on request.
To apply, please email a copy of your CV, details of your current salary, and a covering letter explaining why you are perfect for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is 17th January 2014.