Competition – Robot For A DayBy
Today marks Angry Robot’s 4th birthday! 4 years ago today we published our first books – Moxyland by Lauren Beukes and Slights by Kaaron Warren.
4 years on, and we’d like to find out a little bit about what you think when you hear the words “Angry Robot Books”. To that end, we’d like you to tell us three words that you think sums up our company. In return you’ll be put in a draw to win a fantastic prize – be a Robot For A Day!
It’s so easy to enter!
Simply send an email to: incoming @ angryrobotbooks.com with the subject header: “Three Small Words”.
In the body of the email type three words that you think sum up Angry Robot. That’s three separate concepts, not a 3-word phrase.
eg. fragrant / smashing / odd
Don’t feel you have to flatter – we want to know what you think, not what you think we want to hear! The words you choose will not have any bearing on your chances of winning.
Also include your country of residence, so we can pick two winners, as set out below.
That’s it – and good luck!
We’ll have 2 winners – a UK-based winner and an overseas winner.
Both winners will get their choice of a selection of Angry Robot Books (any 12) or a Nook ebook reader loaded with a selection of titles (any 12).
The UK-based winner will also get the chance to be a Robot For A Day.
We will pay travel expenses for the winner to travel from wherever they live in mainland UK to the Angry Robot offices in Nottingham at a mutually convenient time.
The winner gets to work as part of the Angry Robot team for the day, to include:
- • Meeting the editors and Publishing Director
- • Wrangling book data for a selection of titles to be uploaded to major online book retailers
- • To come up with some sample book cover blurbs for a title or two
- • Some proofreading
- • Pub lunch (an essential part of any publisher’s day!)
- • Take part in an acquisitions meeting, and help to choose some books to buy for publication (how cool is that!)
- • To get their thoughts on potential cover designs for the books in the acquisitions
More details, nearer the time!
Competition ends July 14th.
*Assuming you’re very easily pleased.